Tuesday, May 22, 2018

It May Be 2-2 But Cavs Have The Edge Now

Before we get all huffy-puffy, let me just say that this Boston team is scary. With their two best players (Irving, Hayward) sidelined, they have proven themselves to be more worthy rivals to the Cavs than the Raptors ever were.

And yes, I remember that Boston beat Cleveland in Game 1 by 25 points, and in Game 2 by 13 points. It isn't about that, or about the Cavs returning the favor by beating the Celtics by 30 points in Game 3 and by 9 just today. (That's +1 for the Cavs by the way.)


But that isn't what make me say the Cavs now have the edge. I fully expect that Boston will beat Cleveland in Game 5 (in Boston) and the Cavs will beat the Celtics in Game 6 (in Cleveland).

So it'll come down to a Game 7 in Boston. Shouldn't Boston be favored then? Well, in my humble opinion, given that neither Irving nor Hayward will be playing, I think there is a much bigger chance that Lebron James will win a Game 7 in hostile territory than the young Celtics can win a pressure-packed game 7.  

In fact, the Celtics might have a better chance of hijacking Game 6 in Cleveland than winning Game 7, even if it is in Boston.


So yeah. I still like the Celtics better. But Cavs have the inside track now and may be on their way to the NBA Finals yet again.

No comments: