Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A FINALS PREDICTION!

Sorry for the absence again. It's been hectic here at my day job. 

But, first of all, let me tell all of you that I have won my two conference finals bets. Yes, I've won 2 bags of peanuts (literally! Growers Hot and Spicy Flavor) for guessing that the Lakers and the Magic were going to end up facing each other. 

So here's my game 1 prediction:
Lakers over Magic, 100-88. Kobe is going to explode as the Magic try to get used to the Finals hoopla.

Michael Pietrus will be marginally more effective guarding him than Hedo Turkoglu will be and Courtney Lee will be lost in this first game. 

Howard won't be Superman because Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum are better equipped to stop him and they'll also make Howard work harder on the defensive end of the floor. 

Rafer Alston won't make people forget Jameer Nelson but he'll certainly be better than Derek Fisher. In the end, the Black Mamba and his cohorts will prevail over the Magic but they will also lose some of their mystique, as the Magic discover that, yes, they do belong here in the Finals.

No comments: