Sunday, May 4, 2008

WHAT'S UP WITH THE CELTICS?

Or maybe I should have said...what's down with the Celtics?

I mean, they were doing everything right...they went out and traded a high draft pick for a sharpshooting All Star (experience over potential), got perennial MVP candidate for blooming MVP candidate (again, experience over potential), signed on two proven and playoff tested vets (need I say experience over potential again?), won 65 plus games, got the number 1 seed throughout the playoffs and did it with superb offense and unrelenting defense...All that was left was for their 8th seeded opponent to throw in the towel.

And yet, here we are, gearing up for Game 7 of the Celtics vs the Hawks. What the hell happened?

Garnett, Pierce and Allen are all still playing at around the same level as they were during the regular season so there's no drop off there...Rondo is improving steadily and Cassell and PJ Brown are great additions.

So what's wrong? Pressure getting to the Big Three? Or is it that they are still in that regular season level of play while the Hawks have gone on to playoff mode?

Well, I still think the Celtics got the guns to outbombard the Hawks so I'm going with them for tomorrow.

Hopefully, I don't jinx the Celtics the way I did the Suns.

No comments: